Monday, June 1, 2009

Married 6 Years!

The top five things Brent and I are most proud of in the first six years of our marriage.

(1) Adopting Charlie, saving him a week later from Parvo, and certifing him as a therapy dog.
(2) Joining bank accounts, creating and following a budget, becoming debt free together, graduating from the Dave Ramsey Course (where Brent won $1,000 Zion's Bank CD), and establising an emergency fund.
(3) Buying our first car together with the power of "cash" (Aura TL 2001)
(4) Training together and running in the Ogden relay, which started our love for running
(5) Enjoying trips to the grocery store together because our diet goals are now similar (this only took five years)

Looking back at the last six years... I wouldn't change a thing.

May 29, 2003

Brent and I celebrated six years of marriage by Mt Biking up at Snow Basin.
Before we left Charlie was pretty bored.

I wonder if I'll ever get to go outside :(poor charlie)

Snow Basin Trail Head

Brent preping the bikes...

Hurray and off we go...

Charlie thought he found some water...

Then found something even better under a bridge...

MUDD!

Charlie hung out in the mudd and shade for what seemed like forever.

This is how he looked when he finally decided to rejoin the group.

This was one of four really long climbs in a row,
and I'ld like to thank my inhaler without which I might not have finished.

Power bar break. Charlie wants in :)

Charlie really wants in.

The swamp

Sun is too bright


That is much better, I didn't even try to take them off.


I like mudd!

Mudd is the new "dinner"...well maybe

What's everyone looking at?

And off I go...

Brent's strong finish. He was only ten feet from the parking lot :(


We finished six miles in pathetic time but we're still smiling.

Charlie's sad ride home :(

Align Center
My beautiful rose bush and Brent washing the bikes.

Finally home, fed, washed and sun bathing dry.

3 comments:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

Yeah for lots of pictures (even if most of them are of Charlie). You guys are awesome - I couldn't do that if I tried!

Barowdwngs said...

It seems like it was just yesterday.

And look how fit you both are.

6 today, 60 tomorrow.

Emily said...

So cute!! I love your pics and especially all the Charlie commentary. Congrats on your anniversary!!